Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Script for conditional display of i18n text??
BIRT_NEEDY
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am developing a BIRT report that uses XML data source. I pass the path of the XML file as parameter. I need to display a label text (from a i18n resource file) depending on the xml tag attribute value. The XML tag attribute value is not displayed in the report, but is only checked for it's content. <br />
<br />
The attribute value is captured as data set in the report.<br />
<br />
I am using the following java script in the onPrepare event of the label to be displayed<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
var check="";
if (BirtComp.equalTo( dataSetRow["RUN"], "Trial")){
check = dataSetRow["RUN"];
}
return check;
</pre>
<br />
I am getting the following error<br />
There are erros evaluating the script......<the above code>!!!!!!!!!<br />
<br />
Is this the right way to display a label text on conditional basis? If not please let me know the actual/right way.<br />
<br />
Any help will be appreciated.<br />
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
BIRT_NEEDY
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am unable to access the data set value in the onPrepare method of the label!! the code is <br />
<strong class='bbc'>this.text=dataSetRow["RUN"];</strong><br />
<br />
I have done the binding in the binding editor.<br />
<br />
I am getting the following error!!<br />
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: There are errors evaluating script "this.text = dataSetRow["RUN"];":<br />
<br />
ReferenceError: "<em class='bbc'><strong class='bbc'>dataSetRow</strong></em>" is not defined. (/report/body/grid[
@id="
;32"]/row[
@id="
;36"]/cell[
@id="
;37"]/label[
@id="
;261"]/method[
@name="
;onPrepare"]#8)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.addException(ExecutionContext.java:1166)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ScriptedDesignHandler.handleOnPrepare(ScriptedDesignHandler.java:124)<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ScriptedDesignVisitor.visitLabel(ScriptedDesignVisitor.java:270)<br />
<br />
Any help will be appreciated.<br />
Thanks