Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Run a Stored Procedure that updates data?
dwtaggart
Hey All,
I have a requirement to generate a report, but as the report is generated (before/during/after) I need to update the db with a simple status noting the report has been run.
I assume the only way to do the update is with a stored procedure. I created a secondary dataset that calls the update procedure, but don't know how to trigger that secondary dataset. Is there a way I can fire the stored procedure with one of the event handlers. I've searched the forums a bit, but haven't had a ton of luck.
Thanks for any help,
Don
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bsupport
Hi,<br />
<br />
For that you need to set the dynamic parameter first for given status(before/during/after)values and create a separate dataset for each(according to the status),pass those dataset to relevant status value in report parameter like <br />
Value : dataset name<br />
Display text : status name<br />
Secondly hide element for 'During' and 'After' status by visibility mode by setting expression as: (When you want to view the data for 'Before' status only)<br />
params["Report Element"]=="dataset name(of During)" and same for other........<br />
After that when you run the report it'll open the parameter window and according to status selection relevant data will be viewed.<br />
<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Birtsupport<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.reportinghouse.com'>Reporting
House: Our Focus...Your Reports</a>