Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Can BIRT report include content of imported word document?
brice9
I have a number of Word documents that I have imported into RSM, using File-->Import-->General/File System.
Is it possible to include the imported Word Document content in a BIRT report without copy/paste (assuming Word doc is already imported from the file system into RSM). Or, if not, is it possible to link the Word document in the report?
Any experiences that could be shared are much appreciated!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
yvw
This is a functionality I was also looking for. As I could not find a positive answer I started implementing a custom XPath function which uses COM to convert the Word document to a HTML-Document and insert this in the report.
This seems to work fine with the exception that embedded images only get through when the report is written in HTML. I tried several things but did not get it solved.
brice9
Thank you - I will try this, but images would be a problem for us as well.
Thanks again for sharing your experience!
zephyran
If you can convert your doc file to xml file, it will work.
In my case, I use birt engine to make reports and I merge the documents as one big document.
Try this.
1. convert your document as an xml file. (you can export any doc file to xml file by MS word).
2. create a birt report
3. insert xml body part of your doc(xml) file into the created report.