Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to add DROPDOWN in BIRT
Iira
Hi All,
Hi,
I want to know from where to create drop-down list in birt. For example, i have different customers and want to add them in a drop-down list...Please respond soon.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Happy
You will probably have to use a text box and create an HTML form of some kind.<br />
<br />
I have an example of drop-downs in this tutorial<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/interactive-reporting/1062-ad-hoc-database-browser-report/#description'>Ad-Hoc
Database Browser Report - Tutorials - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
One of the Report Designs makes has two drop down boxes, one populated dynamically from the column headers, it may help to get you started.
Iira
Thank u so mch @ Happy. It helped me a lot. Can you tell me how to connect the data in dropdown to database
Happy
Off the top of my head, no I can't.
What might work is to place a data-item into the report above where you want to put the drop-down box. Bind the dataset to the data-item and using some javascript gather all the row-data into an array.
After that you can loop through the array and assign it to the <options> HTML element.
You may be able to bind the data to a list item and somehow embed that into the <options> HTML element, I have not even attempted to do something like that before though, so I don't really know if it would work
Happy
Thought you would like this example I just banged together.<br />
<br />
In the initialization script create an array and a counter.<br />
Create a List item, set visibility to hidden, goto the onCreate script for the detail you wish and populate the value into the array.<br />
<br />
repeat what I did in the previous post regarding HTML Text box rendering<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<form name="frm_mine">
<select name="select_employee">
<VALUE-OF format="HTML">
renderedHTML = "";
for (j=0;j<aData.length;j++)
{
renderedHTML+= "<option value="" + aData[j] + "">" + aData[j] + "</option>";
}
renderedHTML</VALUE-OF>
</select>
</form>
</pre>
<br />
See attached example
Iira
Thanks again. Can you tell me if i want to add some dataset to in text item code, how could i do it?
Happy
Select the Dynamic Text drop down and then press the VALUE-OF button.
Enter in the dataset information as usual and press okay.
Don't forget to press the Format HTML button when you are finished
See screenshot below
nelatutaris
Hi, <br />
<br />
I have a question and I really need your help. I have to create a drop-down list which I managed to create so far (see attached), but what I cannot figure out is how to FINISH MY DROP-DOWN LIST CODE, so as I pick one of the three values in the drop-down the user should have the choice of pulling this report in Actuate at 4 different levels: <br />
1) Not Rounded <br />
2) Rounded to the nearest Thousand <br />
3) Rounded to the nearest Million <br />
4) Rounded to the nearest Billion <br />
In this case (attached) how would I divide #136 with the numbers in the drop-down list (1000, 1000000, 1000000000) as I chose any of them. Please can you help me.<br />
<br />
Muchos Gracias!<br />
<br />
<a href='mailto:sanela.tutaris@bankofamerica.com' title='E-mail Link' class='bbc_email'>Email me</a><br />
actuser9
<p>Hi Happy,</p><p> </p><p>The attachments are missing or not seen. Can you please repost the attachments?</p><p> </p><p>Thanks,</p><p>UY</p>
rajat_khedekar
<p>Hi Rajat here,</p>
<p>It will be a great help if I get an answer to my below question</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can create the drop down now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But now I want to use the selected drop down value and display specific data in a table below it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So eg: If I select : Patterson in drop down, then in below table I should display only Patterson related information.</p>
wwilliams
<p>See if this is what you are looking for</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/485-birt-cascading-parameter-example/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/485-birt-cascading-parameter-example/</a></p>
;