Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to set "multi-x-axis" in chart
kevin23_hy
i've a ideal that would to set multi-x-axis and "optional y series grouping:" could be set "multi-row"(eg.select several data to a textbox as row[],row[],row[]...)
in a bar chart (as the crosstab's cube multi-level) to implement more complex business.
so understand my intension,could anyway to handle this with free part BIRT?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kevin23_hy
anybody can't follow?
i mean that how to set multi-values in "Optional Y Series Grouping" textbox or dynamic set in as well. it should be set Value(Y) Series: but cannot set mathematic type data so chose to "Optional Y Series Grouping", is can implementation it? show a jpg in attachment. pls give me advise,thx:(
mwilliams
Hi kevin23_hy,
I'm still not sure if I'm understanding completely. You're wanting to set multiple groupings in the y-series grouping box? Or are you trying to do something else? Let me know.
kevin23_hy
HI,dear Mr Williams,
closely,i wanna to set multiple column field from DataBase(eg.oracle) in the y-series grouping box,so anyway to do that? if your mean so?
mwilliams
kevin23_hy,<br />
<br />
Unfortunately, I don't believe that multiple groups are allowed in the y-series grouping box. This is something you could request as an enhancement, to have multiple levels of grouping in a chart. You can do this at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>. I'll let you know if I find out anything different than I told you on this issue.
kevin23_hy
:0,no necessary.just a ideal,if not,change otherway i try,thx.
but i got another problem that dynamic transport parameters by client request
via javascript validation to set preparestatement to SQL in the DataSet beforeOpen event but throws a error; i guess that the parameter's datatype should be same with DB's? i tried but not work. pls help! (jpg shows below)
kevin23_hy
that is a sql script in beforeOpen:(where not improper)
var typeid = reportContexst.getParameterValue("typeid");
if(typeid == 0)
{
this.queryText = "select a.dbid,a.bty,case a.islocal when 0 then '外地' else '
本地' end 是否本外地,a.stattime,a.btycnt,b.value,l.dispname from dbcatlog
l,stat_btycnt a inner join codephy_bty b on a.bty = b.code where l.dbid=a.dbid";
}
else if(typeid==1||typeid==2||typeid==3||typeid==4){
this.queryText = "select a.dbid,a.bty,case a.islocal when 0 then '外地' else '
本地' end 是否本外地,a.stattime,a.btycnt,b.value,l.dispname from dbcatlog
l,stat_btycnt a inner join codephy_bty b on a.bty = b.code where l.dbid=a.dbid
and l.type = "+typeid;
}
mwilliams
kevin23_hy,
I have never seen this issue myself, but on a quick search of the issue, the two instances where people were able to solve it, one was using the wrong database driver and the other was using a Hibernate ODA extension that didn't support parameters. Possibly one of these is your issue, if not, can you post your report in here so I can take a look at it to see if I see anything? Thanks.
kevin23_hy
I got it,it is about the parameter binding,just remove dataSet parameters binding when use the script to handle(receive) parameters in the dataset event. so that explains it. 55!~~~ thx willams,thx for you time.
kevin23_hy
continue above issue,anyway to dynamic to set "Optional Y Series grouping box" value,i have a requirement to change it, which way should i choose,by programming with chart api? or javascript api? pls give a sample.
Another question that how to set chart display/presentation manner through
end-user selection,eg.select subtype(2D,2D With Depth,3D), in open part is available?(not the bussiness production)
mwilliams
kevin23_hy,<br />
<br />
The "optional y-series grouping" box in the chart editor has an expression builder, so you should be able to do scripting in there to determine your optional grouping value.<br />
<br />
For setting the chart dimension via script, you should be able to do this with the following function:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
function beforeGeneration( chart, icsc )
{
importPackage (Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.attribute);
chart.setDimension(ChartDimension.TWO_DIMENSIONAL_WITH_DEPTH_LITERAL);
}
</pre>
<br />
Hope this helps.
Sugitha
Hi,I am using free version of BIRT.
How do I get trend analysis(line graph) for each column in a bar chart?
Is this possible to merge two charts?
mwilliams
You want to have a line chart within your bar chart? If so, just add a second series to your bar chart with the value expression that you'd like the line to have, then go to the format chart tab and then to the series section. Here you can change the "type" of the second series to a line chart. Now you'll have a bar and a line in the same chart. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your issue.