Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data set table selection doesn't show all database tables
bappoo
Hi All,
I have noticed that when I create a data set the tables listed in the "Available Items" box does not show all the tables in my database.
At first I thought this might be a permissions thing, i.e. the database user does not have permissions to see all the tables, but I made sure I was using a dbo account. Also, if I add a filter then I can see the tables that were previously not displayed.
So far I am thinking that this is a limitation on the number of tables that can be displayed in the list. Can anyone confirm this and / or let me know how I can overcome this? Is there a parameter setting for example, that allows the list to display more items?
Many thanks
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Paul,
Yes, this is a setting in the designer that limits the amount of schemas/tables that are shown. You can still use them, they just aren't listed. To increase this number, go to Window -> Preferences -> Report Design -> Data Set Editor -> JDBC Data Set. You should see the settings there.
Hope this helps.
bappoo
Thanks Michael, will check this out.<br />
Warm regards<br />
Paul<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Hi Paul,<br />
<br />
Yes, this is a setting in the designer that limits the amount of schemas/tables that are shown. You can still use them, they just aren't listed. To increase this number, go to Window -> Preferences -> Report Design -> Data Set Editor -> JDBC Data Set. You should see the settings there.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps.</p></blockquote>