Hi all,
I am coming up against a very annoying problem which I keep semi solving but further work on the report keeps coming back to bite me on the ****.
Essentially I have a big query, then a load computed columns. If I work on my report within the dataset or anywhere else (haven't narrowed it down) I get computed column duplication and then the report fails to run.
As an example, the query generates the following fields:
FIRST NAME
LAST NAME
AMOUNT
TAX
In computed columns I have these:
FULL NAME
FULL AMOUNT
I have a table bound to this dataset and use the results in the table.
Now my error manifests itself as the following:
"Column binding FULL NAME has referred to a data set column "FULL NAME" which does not exist."
Looking at output columns, all the original fields are there (all 6) plus the Computed Columns are there with numbers appended:
FIRST NAME
LAST NAME
AMOUNT
TAX
FULL NAME
FULL AMOUNT
FULL NAME7
FULL AMOUNT8
The numbers vary according to how many fields are already there.
So FULL NAME still exists in the dataset, but somehow BIRT has managed to duplicate it and is now looking for FULL NAME7 - FULL NAME won't cut the mustard.
I can get around it just before I publish the report by editing the tables dataset and removing all the rogue columns and saving straight away but as soon as I do anything else they appear back in the tables dataset (they are always in the dataset itself).
Any help appreciated - this is driving me insane!
