Hi fellows,<br />
<br />
I am using birt 0.5 and grails 1.1.<br />
<br />
I encoutered some unexpected behavior when I had integrated my drill-down charts in my grails app.<br />
<br />
My objective is to create a drill-down chart, so that i am capable to navigate from the main chart to the sub chart. In order to achieve that matter birt offers the possibility to link the drill-down charts to the main charts by using the interactivity button within the format chart (Value (Y)-Series). That means the mainreport.rptdesign is linked ro subreport.rptdesign.<br />
<br />
Everything is fine when I am using the birt viewer - the main report is displayed and i am also capable to the navigate from a main chart to a sub chart. But if I use my linked reports in my grails app it is not working.<br />
<br />
The problem is that by clicking on the interactive chart of my main report the sub report isn't triggered sucessfully- I got an Http Error 404.<br />
<br />
I think that birt isn't capable to process the request correctly by clicking the interactive chart.<br />
<br />
This is link that will be triggered:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8081/project/report/sub_report?startTime=2009-08-01+00:00:00.000&processID=27&endTime=2009-11-04+23:59:59.000&activityID=69&format=html'>http://localhost:8081/project/report/sub_report?startTime=2009-08-01+00:00:00.000&processID=27&endTime=2009-11-04+23:59:59.000&activityID=69&format=html</a><br />
<br />
Instead of using the declared birtHome directory (web-app) for looking up the sub report , grails uses the grails-app directory according to the submitted action(Cause for 404 Error).<br />
<br />
Does anybody know how i can link two charts within a grails app? Have I forgotten something in birt or is it necessary to make certain adjustments in grails? <br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Matthew