Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to Save DCR Name
Rey
I am new to Interwoven, so please bear with me -
I have a DCT which has a name text field, for example "Name". I also have another field on the DCT, but it is a number field, for example "9876". When I click on the Save or SaveAs or Save&Close button, and the SaveAs pop up window appears, can I take the name of my text field, "Name" and the name of the number field, "9876" and concatenate the two fields together to create the name of my DCR saved file?
So for example, the name of the saved DCR would be "Name9876" and this name would appear in the File box in the pop up window.
Does anyone have any idea how this can be done, if it is possible?
Thanks,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Are the files always being stored to the same directory? If so, you can do an onSave to name the DCR. If not then you may have to either add a place to enter the directory path or just let the user name the file and regex it to ensure it is correct. I am not aware of any way to set the DCR name without also setting the directory path. You might also want to check that no DCR of that name has already been created.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEMPLATING&Number=12034&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post12034
Adam Stoller
What version of TeamSite / TeamSite templating are you using?
If you're using 5.5.2 - you can enable FormAPI, and then do something akin to what John was talking about.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
This can be done pretty easily with FormAPI