Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Caching Scripted Data Set Results
stuart
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have read in another post (<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/15299-data-set-cache-if-data-set-used-twice.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/eclipse-birt-newsgroup-mirror/15299-data-set-cache-if-data-set-used-twice.html</a>)
that it is possible for BIRT to cache the results of a data set so that it is queried only once when attached to a table and a chart etc. In what version of BIRT does this work properly? <br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.3.2.2<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
<br />
Stuart.<br />
<br />
BTW answer to <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/17225-scripted-dataset-handler-open-event.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/17225-scripted-dataset-handler-open-event.html</a>
; would be great.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
My Thoughts: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/17225-scripted-dataset-handler-open-event.html#post56966'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/17225-scripted-dataset-handler-open-event.html#post56966</a>
;
stuart
Can anyone tell me if what has been described below has been implmented? If so, what version?<br />
<br />
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have read in another post (<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/e...sed-twice.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/e...sed-twice.html</a>)
that it is possible for BIRT to cache the results of a data set so that it is queried only once when attached to a table and a chart etc. In what version of BIRT does this work properly? <br />
<br />
I'm using BIRT 2.3.2.2<br />
<br />
Thanks.
cahubin
I have the same question, Crystal Reports allows me to tell it to cache the resultset (query runs once), I don't have to create another document with data, etc. And each time I preview the report, it asks me, do I want to refresh the data---in other words, pull from the db instead of cache. Is there a setting for this in BIRT that I'm missing? I'm on Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 2.6.2.v20110811-0430. Thank you.