Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data sets
Amruta29
Is there any way to access data directly from the database once I establish the connection or do I always have to create data sets.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Amruta29,
You'll need to create a dataSet I'm pretty sure. Don't think there's any way around that.
Amruta29
If I create data set in the BIRT designer, can I add it to my database? In the other words where is data set stored?
mwilliams
Amruta29,
I have not tried this, but this post from the devShare talks about writing back to a database. What is the reason for wanting this written back to your database?
Amruta29
Thanks Michael. We may create some summary tables in BIRT and we want you those tables for analytical purposes from our database,