Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
CJK Fonts not working in chart
shermand
I have a report that has both chart and table display.
Chart axes and table rows are defined to use the same "Arial" font family.
When data using CJK (Chinese, Japanese, or Korean) strings is rendered in the table, it displays characters correctly.
When data using CJK strings is used as chart axis labels, it displays as blank "font-doesn't-know-that-character" boxes.
I'm seeing the same behavior in HTML and PDF through the report viewer application.
We're using BIRT 2.3.1 on a Linux box.
What am I missing that's preventing me from getting CJK characters to render as chart labels?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Are your charts svg or one of the image formats?<br />
Take a look at this bugzilla entry:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=206010'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=206010</a><br
/>
<br />
You may want to look at these as well:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;short_desc=Chinese chart;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr;product=BIRT;classification=BIRT'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced;short_desc=Chinese chart;short_desc_type=allwordssubstr;product=BIRT;classification=BIRT</a><br
/>
<br />
Jason