Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
preview vs run vs frameset in BIRT-Viewer
Happy
Perhaps this is a silly question but I feel I need some clarification.
frameset and run are self explanatory, both seem to rely on AJAX to display the report only after it has finished generation and presentation services.
preview seems to display report rows as they become available (non-ajax), from my quick tests it makes my reports far faster at displaying the data. I intend on running everything through a profiler soon but I wanted to know the answer to this question:
Is there any reason not to use the preview servlet mapping in the BIRT-Viewer?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Preview does not handle parameter prompting and does not create a rptdocument for pagination.
Jason
Happy
Thanks for the clarification.
For my purposes, preview will be perfect. I already have a driver report collecting parameters and preview gives me the snappy response time the report will need.
Cheers