Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cascade Parameter Question
marcio_s
I'm having a hard time to define a cascade parameter group like:
ParamGroup
Parameter1
Parameter2
Parameter3
The desired behavior is that both parameters (Parameter2, Parameter3) should depend (be updated) when selection is done in Parameter1. But Parameter3 should have no dependency on Parameter2.
However, Birt (2.5) makes Parameter3 also depend on Parameter2, so in order to select a value on Paramenter3, Parameter2 needs to be defined first.
How can I overcome this problem?
Regards,
Márcio
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Márcio,<br />
<br />
I don't know that there's a way around this. I can't think of a way off the top of my head anyways. You could always request an enhancement for such a structure for cascading parameters at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>.
chocba
Hello Marcio,
I've a similar requirement, did you come up with any work around? If yes, please let me know. Appreciate your help.
mwilliams
You might be able to handle your requirement by creating your own custom JSP parameter page. I have not tried it though, so I don't know for certain.