Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Dataset Preview Results Issue
Evenstar
Hi,
In the "Edit Data Set" box, there's an option to "Preview Results". It had always worked fine. But it's not working today. Whenever I click it, it would show the following error:
An unexpected internal exception occurred. Please see log for detail.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Designer UI
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui
Version:2.5.0.v20090603
Error Code:Error.GUIException.invokedByUnexpectedException
Error Message:Caused by java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.
This happened for all the Data Sets I have and it's just today.
Any ideas?
Thank you for your help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Evenstar,
Have you looked in your log files for more information?
Evenstar
By log file do you mean the message from the Error Log tab? If yes, then yes I have but I didn't understand it....; if no, please advise where to find the log file.
Thanks, Michael!
mwilliams
Evenstar,
If you go into the directory where you have BIRT saved, there are several log files within the BIRT files that may have more info on the error.
Sunil Shankarmurthy
<p>HI Birt Guru,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Even I am facing the same issue. when I create a new Dataset and preview the result, I am able to see the sample result. But when I reopen the same dataset next time (immediately) to preview the result it will show me following error</p>
<p> </p>
<div>org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report.</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.doRun(DatasetPreviewTask.java:318)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.runDataset(DatasetPreviewTask.java:280)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.execute(DatasetPreviewTask.java:91)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetPreviewer.preview(DataSetPreviewer.java:68)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.ResultSetPreviewPage$5.run(ResultSetPreviewPage.java:366)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)</div>
<div>Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.api.AdapterException: An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:</div>
<div>Cannot open the connection for the driver: com.quintiq.birt.datasource.runtime.</div>
<div> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;</div>
<div> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Error reply from connection. Birt datasource could not login</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:657)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.extractQuery(DatasetPreviewTask.java:349)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.DatasetPreviewTask.doRun(DatasetPreviewTask.java:309)</div>
<div>... 5 more</div>
<div>Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.OdaDataException: Cannot open the connection for the driver: com.quintiq.birt.datasource.runtime.</div>
<div> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;</div>
<div> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Error reply from connection. Birt datasource could not login</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ExceptionHandler.newException(ExceptionHandler.java:54)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:177)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.newConnection(DataSource.java:224)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSource.open(DataSource.java:212)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataSourceRuntime.openOdiDataSource(DataSourceRuntime.java:217)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.openDataSource(QueryExecutor.java:434)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.prepareExecution(QueryExecutor.java:322)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedQuery.doPrepare(PreparedQuery.java:463)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.produceQueryResults(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:190)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedDataSourceQuery.execute(PreparedDataSourceQuery.java:178)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery.execute(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:178)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.execute(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:637)</div>
<div>... 7 more</div>
<div>Caused by: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;</div>
<div> org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Error reply from connection. Birt datasource could not login</div>
<div>at com.quintiq.birt.datasource.runtime.QBirtConnection.open(QBirtConnection.java:69)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaConnection.open(OdaConnection.java:250)</div>
<div>at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager.openConnection(ConnectionManager.java:165)</div>
<div>... 17 more</div>
<div>Caused by: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Error reply from connection. Birt datasource could not login</div>
<div>at com.quintiq.birt.datasource.runtime.QBirtConnection.startService(QBirtConnection.java:215)</div>
<div>at com.quintiq.birt.datasource.runtime.QBirtConnection.open(QBirtConnection.java:52)</div>
<div>... 19 more</div>
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
<div>What is the problem. BIRT Guru Please hlp me in this.</div>
Clement Wong
<p>Sunil,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It appears to be like the OP's issue, but you are using a custom data source from QuintIQ (based on the stack and the reference to com.quintiq.birt.datasource.runtime).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you write this ODA to connect to QuintIQ? If not, then you'll need to contact the author/company for support to troubleshoot the issue.</p>