Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table data exceeding the Birt Report
RSP
Hi All,
I am using Birt 2.2.1,i am using xml datasource,in that xml many tags are there.
i want to display many tags in a table,but its exceeding the Birt Report.pleae assist me.
Thanks
rsp
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi rsp,
Can you explain your issue a little further? Thanks.
RSP
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your quick Response,here is the details please assist me further.
I am using xml datasource,Now i am displaying 14 columns in a single table,
I have to show around 30 to 40 columns in a single table,I tried,but it exceeding the layout,In the generated pdf columns are not displaying properly,
How many columns we can show in Single table?
Thanks,
Sandeep
CBR
Hi Sandeep,
there is no column limit in BIRT. the only thing that keeps you stopping from adding columns is the page layout. So the question to ask is: How many columns can i display on a US letter page.
The answer depends on the column width of your columns and that's something we can't answer without having a look on the concrete report.
There are some things you can configure. First try to change the master pages page orientation from portrait to landscape. You can decide to choose a different page size (default is US letter which seems a bit small especially for the german people working with A4).
RSP
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply,I need to some more information,In my report i have large column names are there, i have to dispaly as it is,Any way my requirement is I have to display all the columns (around 40-50 columns) in table,Can I group the Similar Column data(Like Customer details like customer id,customer name....),How can I ?Explain please ? or else is there is any Alternate way to display these columns,if So, Please explain how Can do it ?
I am eagerly waiting for your replay ,Please Guide me on this Issue.
Thanks,
Sandeep.
janderegg
Hi RSP
Have you tried modifying the master page width?
By default, the master page is formatted as a US letter. If you choose “Custom” you will be able to define yourself the width and height of your page. If the width is big enough you will be able to display all your columns on one page.
Depending on the usage of the report, having a page width so large would not be easy to read with a format other than HTML and the web viewer.
Regards,
Jag
mwilliams
Sandeep,
Jag's suggestion of using a custom page size should do what you're looking for. Let me know.
RSP
Hi Michael,
I got stuck with another problem,please provide me solution for this.
I am using Birt 2.2.1 and using xml datasource,i am getting pdf for one xml file and for the same rpt.design i am passing another xml file ,it is not showing any values.
RSP
Hi Michel,
Attached are the xml files ,rptdesign and generated pdfs.
From the below attached files
in the xml zip file there are 2 xml files and one Mutli.xml for that the generated output is Multi.pdf ,its working fine and showing values and for same rpt design i am passing Ack.xml it is not showing any values Ack.png is the generated output.
please guide me why am not getting values for Ack.xml.
Thanks,
Sandeep.
mwilliams
Sandeep,
I'm getting a birt core error with both xml files when I preview cause by a "missing ; before statement". I've been unable to locate what's causing this. Running with multi.xml does still show the data though. With Ack.xml, I get another error "cannot find default value for object" and no data shows up in the preview of the dataSets either. Are the xml files set up exactly the same? I have not looked into the xml files much.
mwilliams
Found the source of the core exception. In the expression for data element FD2, there is an extra d in your expression. I would now completely guess that differences in the xml setup of the two xml files is the reason you're not getting data out of the Ack.xml, as there is no data in the preview of any dataSet when using that file.