Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Templating error
mksiw
Teamsite version :502
Plateform: windows 2000
Iam getting the following error when I try to open a new data capture template. Any help will be appreciated
" Templating Error Page
The required parameter iw_tdt is missing. "
thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'd suggest posting (as an *attachment*) the corresponding datacapture.cfg file - chances are the problem is located there.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
mksiw
Actually the above mentioned error which i was talking is just happening in only one work station for an author.
When I tried to view the File Property of any file in that workstation I got the error
" TeamSite List Properties
Error: CGI Startup Error
CONTENT_LENGTH=0"
The workstation had IE5.5 with SP2, it is a WIndows NT workstation. I tried to login with different user id's but experienced the same error when I view the file properties of any file I choose and also when I tried to edit the file either but selecting from edit button or through Smart Content Editor I get the same error
"Templating Error Page'
The required parameter iw_tdt is missing"
If it is specific to a datatype I can post the datacapture.cfg file but it is happening only in that one workstation...
thanks you, any help on this will be really appreicated...
Adam Stoller
If it's specific to the one PC - I suggest trying to determine the differences between that PC and another one. For instance: Are they on the same network? Do they go through the same routers? Are the hostnames defined the same way (either with or without fully qualified domain names)? etc.
I seem to recall someone else having a problem with "one machine" not too long ago - but I don't remember the exact problem or resolution - I think it was posted about in one of these forums, but I'm not sure (sorry - not much to go on, I realize).
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
mksiw
Once I change the templating UI from "browser based" to "Java Template based UI" it started working fine. But I cant find any reason why it did not work for the "browser based UI"
Adam Stoller
Did it work for browser-based templating on other machines? for other users?
I would check carefully through the DCT to see if there are any java-specific features being used (like java-callouts) - which might require the DCT to be rendered in the Java GUI
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
mksiw
Yes, Browser based templating is working fine from other machines even for the user who is having that problem in that particular machine. It looks like machine specific problem. The users machine has IE5.5 updated to SP2.
I will also check the DCT's
thanks for your help in this...
ela
Hi,
I've got a user who experience similar problems. It would be useful to hear how you solved it and what caused it.
Many thanks in advance!
Eldbjoerg
ela
Problem gone!
I didn't hear anything, so I filed a case. Got some tipps about checking whether the client hostname had been changed, or try install the latest version of JVM. The hostname was not changed and I was told the JVM probably wouldn't solve it. The user works for one of our subsidiary companies, and they might have different software versions. In this case, the user had installed IE 5.5 herself, which obviously was a bit buggy. The problem was gone after getting the standard 5.0 version. I'm on IE 5.5 myself and have no problems.
Just thought to let others know, in case you have similar problems.