Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Including PDF in report
AlanC
I have a requirement to have a report that is a combination of data from a data source, along with 1 or 2 PDFs. Different PDFs may be required to be displayed in the report, depending on an input parameter.
I am familiar with how we can include jpg images in a report by placing an image on the report and setting the URI value (e.g. "file:///C:/Images/TestImage.jpg") but if I do a similar process for a PDF, the report just shows the "undisplayable icon" with my "alternative text".
Is it possible to do what I want? If not, can anyone suggest an alternative?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi AlanC,
I don't believe BIRT can pull a PDF in automatically like that, like it does an image. You'd either have to create an image out of your PDF and display it how you would normally display an image, screenshot a small portion of the PDF and have a hyperlink off to the full PDF, or possibly there's a way to use a text control to bring the PDF into the report to display it. I have not done this last one, but you can probably find info on the web about embedding PDF into HTML which you could use in this text control.
Hope this helps.
AlanC
Hi Michael
Thanks for the quick response.
I've managed to, more or less, do what you suggested. I have put labels on the report and attached hyperlinks from the labels to the PDFs.
We'll have to see whether the users see this as an acceptable solution.
Thanks again.
Alan