Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
can not load jdbc driver when using run option for birt viewer
elainel
I'm using BIRT 2.5. Deploy birt example war on Websphere Application Server 6.1. I set a jndi url in rptdesign doc to connection db. We use DB2 v9 as our db. I didn't put db2 driver in birt jdbc plugin driver folder. because I created a datasource using same jndi in WAS, BIRT should use that datasource
Becaues I'm using view as HTML option on birt designer when development, and I found the result are same when I use run option for birt viewer on server. If I use frameset option, the result are different. So I want to use run option on server.
If the report doesnot contains join dataset, the report can be generated by both frameset and run option. But whenever my report contains a join dataset, when I use run option, it will get following error:
An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.
Cannot load JDBC Driver class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.
But if I use frameset option for join dataset, it will not get such problem, but the rendered result are different.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
elainel
Previously, I set the jndiname in "JNDI URL" field on property binding tab of the data source.
Then I remove that property binding and set jndi in "JNDI URL" field on BIRT JDBC data source tab. And then both frameset and run options can both generate result.
What's the different of the two JNDI URL fields on jdbc data source and property binding?