Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to get rid of empty rows due to image
Monma
I have a report which consists of a table like so:
Group1-Name Group1-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Group2-Name Group2-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
My table is built with on row as a group (shows group name and descr) and the detail row will show an image that I add by specifying "Select by URI" plus some data values. Once in a while the detail row will only pass nulls but BIRT will then show empty rows like below. Can anyone suggest a way to get rid of the empty rows. When I look at the generated page source I see something like a cell containing an empty div.
This is what the result looks like:
Group1-Name Group1-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Group2-Name Group2-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Group3-Name Group3-Description
Group4-Name Group4-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Monma,
And you want this output instead?
Group1-Name Group1-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Group2-Name Group2-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Group3-Name Group3-Description
Group4-Name Group4-Description
Image Value Value
Image Value Value
Or group 3 gone completely?
Monma
Yes, this is the output I want.
mwilliams
Monma,
Does setting the visibility to not visible if the image is null not work?
Monma
How would I do this? I will look for it and see
Monma
I figured it out and tried it. The image is not displayed but I still get an empty row.
Monma
I got it thanks. It took me a couple of tries.
mwilliams
Great! Glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions.