Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Inverting tables for charting
Happy
Hypothetical question.
Let's say we have a JDBC datasource that retrieves the following columns:
FLOWNAME, Total_CPU_TIME, TOTAL_ELAPSED_TIME, TOTAL_THROUGHPUT
A query will retrieve 6 rows, the detailed statistics separated by the FlowName.
So a typical query will look like this:
FlowName CPU ELAPSED Throughput
Flow1 123 3434 8384
Flow2 133 344 9394
Flow3 534 343 3485
Flow4 0 0 0
What I would like to do is to invert all this information so it appears like this:
COLUMNNAME Flow1 Flow2 Flow3 Flow4
CPU 123 133 534 0
ELAPSED 3434 344 343 0
Throughput 8384 9394 3485 0
This way, I can create a chart, using the row as the Category (X-Series)
Any idea how I can achieve this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Happy
I guess what I am really trying to achieve can be summarised in the attached chart.
I have managed to get roughly the look and feel I am aiming for. However I had to manually manipulate all the Series Legends to match each other, plus I can't create separate X-Series Categories for each type (CPU_TIME, TOTAL_TIME, etc). Finally the Series Legends are repeated 4 times =(
So this is the reasoning behind my previous post
Happy
Ahahaha<br />
just discovered this:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/745-transposed-data-sets/#description'>Transposed
data sets - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Transposing was the word I was after, not inverting.<br />
go the brainfarts<br />
<br />
And it works like a charm!