Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
displayText of multi valued parameters
mailtorake
Greetings,
I have a multi valued parameter (say Names) in my report that has displayTexts (obtained dynamically) as follows:
This is a listbox allowing multiple selections
Name1 (Each display text has an underlying value like 1000)
Name2 (underlying value is 1001)
Name3 (underlying value is 1002)
....etc
In my report page, I would like to show user selections; how can I display the displayTexts of all those selections?
Any kind of help or pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rakesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Rakesh,<br />
<br />
You should be able to iterate through the array of selected parameters and grab the display text of each and make a string out of them to display much like the multi select parameter values are stepped through to be used in an IN clause in a query.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/688-using-a-multivalue-parameter-in-an-in-clause/#description'>Using
a multivalue parameter in an in clause - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
mailtorake
Hi Michael,<br />
Thanks for the reply once again, but I am looking for displayText, not the value.<br />
I used params[param_name in double quotes].displayText[0] to test the first one, but displayText doesn't seem to work and I get the following error.<br />
<br />
There are errors evaluating script "params["Campaign"].displayText[1]":<br />
TypeError: Cannot read property "1.0" from null (<inline>#1)<br />
<br />
as per the thread: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://dev.eclipse.org/newslists/news.eclipse.birt/msg30883.html'>[news.eclipse.birt]
Re: Multiple parameters - display text</a> the bug won't seem to be fixed.<br />
<br />
Any ideas? still looking to fix this problem...<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Rakesh
mwilliams
Rakesh,<br />
<br />
Unfortunately, I don't see another way to get at this value. In the bug report, it looks like it says they won't fix this and closed it. I would suggest logging another bug on this issue at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php'>BIRT
: Reporting Bugs and Requesting Enhancements</a>. Thanks.
mailtorake
Logged <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=298487'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=298487</a>.<br
/>
<br />
Thanks<br />
Rakesh
mwilliams
Thanks for the update!