Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Internationalization of text boxes
picaso
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am stuck with an internationalization problem. I have some static text in a text box along with some javascript. I have prepared a .properties file as well. Due to the presence of javascript i cannot associate the text with a key directly. Can somebody suggest how to do this???<br />
<br />
The code inside the text box:<br />
<br />
Report description **<br />
<br />
<script type="text/javascript"><br />
<br />
function collapseFunction( zielId,zielContainerId){<br />
if (document.getElementById){<br />
ziel = document.getElementById( zielId );<br />
zielContainer = document.getElementById( zielContainerId);<br />
if (ziel.style.display == "none"){<br />
ziel.style.display = ""; <br />
zielContainer.style.height = "1in"; <br />
<br />
} else {<br />
ziel.style.display = "none";<br />
ziel.style.height = "0in";<br />
zielContainer.style.height = "0.375in";<br />
}<br />
<br />
}<br />
}<br />
<br />
</script> <br />
<br />
I need to associate the text "Report Description" at the beginning of the code.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gcottle
Hi Picaso,
You could localize the string in Javascript as follows:
reportContext.getMessage("ReportDescriptionKey", reportContext.getLocale()).
Where "ReportDescriptionKey" is the static text key in your properties file.
Does that help?
Regards,
Graham