Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Javascript debugger on tomcat
mailtorake
Hi,
The javascript debugging works perfect within eclipse; ie. with no deployment or no server in place.
But, my reports are deployed on a tomcat instance (whenever user hits a report, the report will be displayed on the web application's User Interface). I know how to debug java classes, but how can I enable javascript level debugging for reports deployed on a tomcat instance? Is it possible in first place?
I would appreciate any kind of help or pointers. I had posted the same in another forum: "Designing Birt Reports", but there was no proper response, so I'm trying my luck here.
Thanks
Rakesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Rakesh,
I know if you use Java Event handlers you can attach remotely to debug them, but I have not tried this with the JavaScript debugger. You may want to log a bug for this. In the meantime you can always write out to a log file from an expression or a JavaScript event like:
importPackage( Packages.java.io );
out = new PrintWriter( new FileWriter( "c:/test/pgevents.txt", true ) );
out.println( "testing");
out.close();
Jason
mailtorake
I've logged <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=298719'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=298719</a>.<br
/>
<br />
For time being, I can move on with your FileWriter workaround. Thanks a lot, Jason.<br />
<br />
Rakesh