Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Custom JDBC Driver not listed
bacham
I have written my own JDBC driver and I tried to register it using the "Manage Drivers..." button in the "New Data Source" wizard. After selecting my jar file, I switched to the "Drivers" tab but I can't see my driver.
Any ideas? Are there any log files where I can see what's going on?
Thanks
Hicham
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Hicham,
Does it work anyway, even if not listed in the Drivers list if you type it out? What type of JDBC driver did you create?... Type 2,3,4, etc? and how do you normally use this driver?
bacham
Hi Virgil,
No it doesn't work at all. If I click OK and get back to the previous dialog, the "Driver Class" combo-box doesn't list my driver.
My driver is for accessing a ECM (Enterprise Content Management) system called Documentum (with Oracle underneath). So I guess it would be a type 3 driver. It's 100% Java. I tested it with some simple JDBC calls and it works.
So far it's only a proof-of-concept but I did implement all the classes that are required from the JDBC 3.0 specification.
Is there any way I can trace what BIRT is doing?
Hicham
bacham
I finally found out what is going on by enabling the osgi console when I start Eclipse (eclipse -console). When I try to load my custom driver, the console shows the following stack trace:
osgi> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.JarFile@2077b6
Feb 2, 2010 1:36:30 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.JDBCDriverInformation newInstance
WARNING: com/documentum/fc/common/DfException
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/documentum/fc/common/DfException
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2699)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:326)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getDriverInstance(JDBCDriverManager.java:117)...
As a side note, BIRT could probably do a better job at catching and displaying these exceptions.
Anyway, my custom driver relies on third-party jars which I can't and won't embed in the jar file of my driver. So how can I tell BIRT where to look for these third-party jars that are needed?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hicham