Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Simple Javascript file not accessed on iServer
millvall
I don't if this a bug or I am not placing my .js file in the correct directory on the server.
SYNOPSIS:
Using an HTML Button which calls a function in an external .js file.
** Works great in BRDPro 10sp1 ** Fails when deployed to iServer.
simple.js is accessed from client side, not during report gen/rendering.
simple.js deployed as follows:
On BRDPro box:
C:Program FilesActuate10BRDProeclipsepluginscom.actuate.birt.report.viewer_2.3.2.v20081204iportal
On iServer
C:Program FilesActuate10iServerservletcontaineriportaljs
(Same place I have deployed other js files with successful access from BIRT reports.)
Am I deploying simple.js to the correct folder in iServer? Or is it different when using JSAPI?
Ultra simple report design and JS attached.
Thanks
Milt.
Note:
* See HTML Button, onClick method.
* Text element ensure simple.js is loaded/
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Milt,
You should add the .js file to your BIRT design as a resource. (Property Editor -> Resources -> Javascript files). You should not require to place your .js file to:
C:Program FilesActuate10BRDProeclipsepluginscom.actuate.birt.report.viewer_2.3.2.v20081204iportal
When you deploy your BIRT report to iServer then upload your .js file to resources folder of your encylopedia volume (generally /Resources) and make sure you give the right previleges to it.
I am attaching a sample BIRT report that uses a scripted datasource to create a dataset. Scripts are defined in a separate .js file that is added as a resource to the design. Hope this helps.
Ashwini