Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt cascaded parameter problem
joo
Hi there,
I have a problem with a cascaded parameter in BIRT. I have some name / ID pairs that need to be presented to the user as report parameters. I made these as cascaded parameters with the name coming first.
For example Name: Robert and ID: 112 is one mapping. If the user selects Robert, the next drop down will have only one value, which is 112. I do not want the user to go and select this manually. Is there some way in BIRT where this report parameter can be made populated automatically ? What I want is, when the user selects Robert the ID should be populated automatically.
The first value for the drop down is always blank, which causes the problem for me. If you know of a solution please let me know. Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JustME
HI Joo,<br />
<br />
Earlier this month, I posted two examples of drill down reports on the devshare. I think the drill through type parameter is what you are looking for. <br />
<br />
The first example uses cascading parameters to select each level of the drill down report. It can be found at:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1124-drill-down-report-with-sortable-tables/#description'>Drill
Down Report with Sortable Tables - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
The second example gets the customer name/number and then populates the rest of the tables by passing the variables. This example can be found at:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1132-single-page-drill-down-with-collapsible-tables/#description'>Single
Page Drill Down with Collapsible Tables - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
Hope one of these will help you.
SailRCG
Hi Joo,
I believe you are trying to "show" one attribute; in this case the UserName, but "use" another attribute; in this case UserNumber, in your filter/selection criteria. If this is the case then, you will create a dynamic parameter using a 'list' or 'combo box' or 'text box - auto suggest'. These parameter types will allow you to "show" the user one attribute while passing the where clause or filter a different but related "value"
For an example of this, have a look at the attached file.
JustME
HI Joo,
I agree with SailRCG. The examples from the links I sent you earlier use that same method for value/display properties of the parameter.
SailRCG mentions using the text(auto suggest) display type for the parameter. I believe the auto suggest text box is only available in BIRT 2.5.1 or higher. I know I don't have it in 2.3.2 but you can do the same thing with a regular text box.
Shetty
Hi All,
I too got similar issue and not able to solve. I have tried to change ComboBoxParameterFragment.jsp file to show only the required elements without blank value in the list; but couldn?t succeed.
Any suggestion for this issue?
Thanks in advance;
Regards,
Shetty