Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT do not delete data on XML
synrbc
Hello.
I found one problem on BIRT. I would like to know, if this problem can be solved?
I created Data Sources, Data Sets and Data Cubes (all this it made on Grafic Interface of Birt, using the Pallet). I deleted the Data Cubes and i saw on "XML Source" the script of Data Cubes.
I made other test and i saw what i deleted on Grafic Interface of Birt, do not deleted on XML. It is making problems, because, on XML there are several Data Sources and Data Sets what i already deleted.
How i can solved this?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi synrbc,
Can you explain this a little more in detail. I'm not sure I'm quite understanding? You're deleting items made from an XML source, but they're coming back?
synrbc
I created tables, data set on my report, but, if i delete the data set, on XML script, the data set still exist.
What i created and added on my report, if i delete, it is not deleted on XML script.
I m using the Actaute 10.
Virgil Dodson
Hi Rafael,<br />
<br />
I cannot reproduce this behavior where items are not deleted from the XML Source when they are deleted from the Designer UI. If you have specific steps to make this problem repeatable, please report those steps to <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>
synrbc
Hello.
So, i did nothing special.
I created a new report
I added a data source
I added a data set
I added one table
I deleted the data source
When i saw on XML script tab, the xml code about the data source still stay on.
I am using: Actuate BIRT Report Designer
Version: 2.3.2
I saw, the data sources deleted, still stay on Xml script of report and this are created problems on my reports.
For example, my report try to conect with all data sources (the real and teh deleted).
Thanks, best regards.
PaoloIII
I have the same problem no one has solved<br />
<br />
best regards.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'synrbc'" data-cid="63903" data-time="1272659511" data-date="30 April 2010 - 01:31 PM"><p>
Hello.<br />
<br />
<br />
So, i did nothing special.<br />
<br />
<br />
I created a new report<br />
<br />
<br />
I added a data source<br />
<br />
<br />
I added a data set<br />
<br />
<br />
I added one table<br />
<br />
<br />
I deleted the data source<br />
<br />
<br />
When i saw on XML script tab, the xml code about the data source still stay on.<br />
<br />
<br />
I am using: Actuate BIRT Report Designer <br />
<br />
Version: 2.3.2<br />
<br />
<br />
I saw, the data sources deleted, still stay on Xml script of report and this are created problems on my reports.<br />
<br />
<br />
For example, my report try to conect with all data sources (the real and teh deleted).<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks, best regards.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
So, you're adding a dataSource and a dataSet, adding a table to your report that is bound to this dataSet/dataSource, then deleting just the dataSource, but leaving the table and dataSet? Is this correct?