Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Master Page question
fastcars
Hi
I have a report where I have a large table that spans 20+ pages.
I want the full header on page one, and a summary header on page 2 onwards, a very common requirement.
I cannot see how to do this in Birt 2.5
Amazing but the Birt provides the converse option, Dont show header on page one but display else where?????
Is there *ANY* way to achieve what I want.
Script, hack , slight of hand ??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi fastcars,
On thing that could be an option would be to create an interval group on your table. This will work if all of your rows have the same height. Then a new header is created for each page (group) if you make your interval an amount that will fit on a page and do a break after every group. There may be other ways to achieve this as well.
mwilliams
It looks like you might be talking about the master page header though. If you're wanting to use the master page header, you could create two identical tables, filtering the first to only show a page worth of data, then filtering the second to show the rest of the data. You'd then create a second master page and use the second master page for the second table.
Hopefully one of these workarounds works.
fastcars
yes that would probably work.
Might be worth adding this requirement as a feature.
It is the most common way I have seen reports done.
Detail header page one and then small heading there after.
Arranging to filter just a page worth of rows on the first page us an absurd solution for a large number of reports to achieve this.
Pico
Hi, <br />
<br />
I have the same problem and open an enhancement in bugzilla page (<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=292387)'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=292387)</a>
. <br />
I propose to define when using a masterpage or another. This could have a header on the first page and another header from the second, without having to know at what point will start the second page.<br />
<br />
Perhaps you can participate in the thread and explain your problem.
bojarajgk
Can we use comman master page for multiple report in birt? Please help me.
If its possible please help me please.I want use common master page. Because if i want chang any common immage in master page, then I don't want change in every report so I need common master page plese help me
mwilliams
You can create a masterpage in a library and use this library to bring the masterpage into your report. Let me know if you have questions!
PittPolack
We created a master page in a library to use with 50+ existing reports. This is working nicely for most reports, but there are a few we are having trouble with. The existing reports are landscape, and the new master page is set to landscape as well, but when we add the library master page to the existing report, it cuts off some of the columns. We have tried adjusting the margins on the master page, but this isn't working. Any other suggestions? Do we need to adjust margins somehow within the library?
You're help is appreciated!
Thanks!
mwilliams
Are the columns in these reports sized too large to fit in the fixed page size of the masterpage?