Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Call Windows Environment Variable in Expression Builder
lupo
Hi,
I have several users connected to a windows server belonging to different domain groups.
The group to which they belong determines which Oracle database they should access.
I read some threads about using parameters to switch between Development or Production databases, but I have quite a few groups and it might grow as well, so this is likely to become quite maintenance intensive.
I read also a bit about connection pooling, but I am new to this and I am not sure how this can help me to choose the database depending on the user running the report.
So my idea would be to use a windows environment variable that I would call in the Expression builder (Edit Data Source > Property Binding > JDBC Driver URL > Expression Builder)
Please let me know if this is possible, or please explain an alternative method to achieve this?
Is it possible for example to add a username, passwords and database SID fields on the index.jsp page of the Webviewer and allow the user to run several reports without havin to re-key credentials each time?
Thanks for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JanaF
Hi Lupo,<br />
<br />
I am having the same problem, that I want to use a Windows Environment Variable in the Expression Builder to determine the Temp-directory of windows.<br />
<br />
Did you find a solution?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'lupo'" data-cid="59488" data-time="1264286801" data-date="23 January 2010 - 03:46 PM"><p>
Hi, <br />
<br />
<br />
I have several users connected to a windows server belonging to different domain groups.<br />
<br />
<br />
The group to which they belong determines which Oracle database they should access. <br />
<br />
<br />
I read some threads about using parameters to switch between Development or Production databases, but I have quite a few groups and it might grow as well, so this is likely to become quite maintenance intensive. <br />
<br />
<br />
I read also a bit about connection pooling, but I am new to this and I am not sure how this can help me to choose the database depending on the user running the report. <br />
<br />
<br />
So my idea would be to use a windows environment variable that I would call in the Expression builder (Edit Data Source > Property Binding > JDBC Driver URL > Expression Builder) <br />
<br />
<br />
Please let me know if this is possible, or please explain an alternative method to achieve this? <br />
<br />
<br />
Is it possible for example to add a username, passwords and database SID fields on the index.jsp page of the Webviewer and allow the user to run several reports without havin to re-key credentials each time?<br />
<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.<br /></p></blockquote>
CBR
Hi,<br />
<br />
you can do that by using Java Code inside Rhino Script:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
var tmpDir = java.lang.System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")
</pre>