Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Language pack for birt runtime 2.5.1
Anter
Hi All,
I use birt-runtime-2_5_1, and want translate it.
I downloaded Language Pack NLpack2-birt-runtime-2_1_1. Сan anyone tell how to use this Language pack or take a link where it is described.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Generally you just unzip the language packs and change the system to support a language. What are you localizing and what steps have you tried so far?<br />
There are a list of steps at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/lang.php'>Eclipse
BIRT Home</a>
Anter
Hi Virgil,<br />
I did what is written in <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/lang.php'>Eclipse
BIRT Home</a>,<br />
but it gave no results.<br />
I need to localize my birt report viewer (birt-runtime-2_5_1). <br />
It is in C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 5.5webapps.<br />
I did the following steps:<br />
<br />
1. unzip the language packs in C:Program FilesApache Software FoundationTomcat 5.5webapps<br />
2. change languages in Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options<br />
3. restart
Anter
May be a problem in that version of viewer 2.5.1, and the Language pack for 2.1.1 version?
Virgil Dodson
For Localizing the BIRT Viewer,<br />
<br />
1. Download the correct language pack from <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/lang.php'>Eclipse
BIRT Home</a> For the Viewer, choose the correct Language pack for the Report Engine.<br />
2. Open Archive and navigate to the WebViewerExample and then upzip the WEB-INF folder to the exact same location as the WEB-INF folder of the WebViewerExample (or whatever you named your BIRT Viewer folder) that you have deployed on Tomcat. This will place some new files in the WEB-INF/lib and WEB-INF/platform directories.<br />
3. Modify WEB-INF/web.xml with the correct locale similar to below.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOCALE</param-name>
<param-value>de-DE</param-value>
</context-param>
</pre>
4. Change the language for the browser to match the desired locale. In IE8, this is set at Tools | Internet Options | General | Languages. For my example, I added German language and moved it to the top of the list. <br />
<br />
My Viewer now shows:<br />
Angezeigte Seite: Seite 1 von 1<br />
instead of:<br />
Showing page 1 of 1