Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Access DOM in BIRT Events
voller
I have to call some DOM functions in BIRT events. Is this possible?
e.g.: document.write(); or window.close();
Is it also possible to access global variabels in events and in script section of a text field?
thanks a lot
chris
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
I can't think if any way to access DOM in a BIRT event off the top of my head. There is some trickery you can do with the TEXT component in HTML mode, and put some Javascript to do your manipulation that way. I've used similar tricks to do things like dynamic master/detail reports, interactive charts, and such. But the DOM manipulation is all done client side, anything in BIRT script or events is done server side.
jdfoutch
reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable("varname", serializable)
reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable("varname")
reportContext.deletePersistentGlobalVariable("varname")
Use these in the object methods as needed.