Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataSet Parameter Bindings for Crosstabs
GalenBoyer
Hi,
Is there a way to have a crosstab be restricted with something similar to "Dataset Parameter Bindings"? I read a reply by Jason that said use filtering, but the posting was an incomplete .rptdesign file, so I couldn't gleam how to do it.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi GalenBoyer,<br />
<br />
You'll need to use a filter to limit the data in an embedded crosstab. To set this filter, you'd select the crosstab, go to the property editor's filter section, and set a filter on the group you'd like to filter down to equal to the value in the outer table that you want it set as. You could make an enhancement request for a feature more like the dataSet parameter binding feature for tables, to be made available for a crosstab. It would be a nice feature to have. You can do that here:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>
GalenBoyer
I should have posted back. I finally got it after some digging around and playing. Thanks for the description for whomever might need it.
mwilliams
No problem. Always glad to help!
If you decide to request an ehancement for a dataSet parameter binding feature for crosstabs, please post the info in here for future reference. Thanks!
vash
Is there an enhancement already available for this?
I am using Birt 2.3.2
Thanks,
Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
I don't know if one was ever submitted. You can always search the bugs/enhancements at the link above. If you don't see one, go ahead and log one!
vash
Hi,<br />
<br />
Someone did post an enhancement for this:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=266258'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=266258</a><br
/>
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Vash
mwilliams
Vash,
Thanks for checking! You can vote for the enhancement on that page if you haven't already!