Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
2nd Master Page for last report page
scowsailor
I have the need to add legal jargon as a last page of a report. The report is already making use of the Master Page's footer to display legal stuff at the bottom of every page.
I read in an earlier post about a 2nd Master Page and its footer to accomplish something similar.
How do I create a 2nd Master Page?
Regards,
scowsailor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi scowsailor,
In your outline for your report design, go to the MasterPages section, right click on it, and choose insert element.
Hope this helps.
scowsailor
From the report's Outline I was able to add another master page, but I'm not sure how to get its footer to display on the final page of the report.
scowsailor
Thanks Michael!
I inserted a text element into the footer. I think I've set up the master page to display on the last page. Should that be all there is to it? Will this master page have any impact on the first master page?
mwilliams
scowsailor,
Currently, to display a separate master page for the last page, you'll have to have a new element to display on the last page after your table that you can tie the master page to. There is no setting for change master page on last page of a single element, like a table. A feature like this is coming in 2.6.0, I believe.
Let me know if my explanation is too confusing.
scowsailor
Thanks again Michael!
I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'll attempt to figure it out.
mwilliams
If your report consists of a table and it goes 4 pages. On the 4th page, you want to display the legal info at the bottom. With the current way master pages are handles, you won't be able to do this. The legal info would have to come on the 5th page. You'd have to put a blank label or some other report item after your table, make the report page break before the element and then still in the page break section of the property editor, you would set the master page for the label to the second master page. In 2.6.0, which will come out mid year sometime, you'll be able to switch master pages within an element.
Hopefully this explanation is better.
scowsailor
Michael,
I haven't tried it yet, but that's just what I was s going to try however I would've still been been lost without the knowing the page break part.
Thanks so much, again!
Sincerely,
scowsailor
mwilliams
Let me know if you have any issues.
scowsailor
Okay, looks like I may have the 2nd master page being tacked on at the end, but I can't seem to get anything to appear on it. I've tried serveral different types of report items; Label, Text, Dynamic Text, AutoText Dates, items in Grids, items in the Header, and Footer. No luck. Still missing something.
mwilliams
scowsailor,
What version of BIRT are you using? I'll set up a quick example of using multiple master pages.
scowsailor
Hmmm,
2.3.2.r232_v2....
??
How do I know?
mwilliams
In the general tab of the property editor for the report you can see it. Also by going to your XML Source, you can see the version info. I'll assume you saw 2.3.2 in one of those places, so I'll start making one in that version unless you tell me otherwise.
scowsailor
Hi Michael,
from the XML Source, <report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design"
; version="3.2.17" id="1">
mwilliams
scowsailor,
If you're using Eclipse 3.2.1, you most likely have BIRT 2.1.2 or something, which I don't have a version that early. Could you double check your version of Eclipse by opening your designer, going to help, and then to about Eclipse? The Eclipse version should be there. If you are using 3.2.1, I'll make an example in BIRT 2.1.3 which uses Eclipse 3.2.2. You'll just have to change the version info in the XML Source to your version before running it. Let me know.
mwilliams
scowsailor,<br />
<br />
Ok, I went ahead and made an example in 2.3.2.2. Hopefully it works for you.<br />
<br />
If you have a much earlier version of BIRT, I found an example in the devShare made with 2.2.0 that may work for you.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/321-birt-multiple-master-pages/#description'>BIRT
: Multiple Master Pages - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>