Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Static columns in crosstab
UtahJerry
I have a time sheet report with a crosstab specified for the 14 days of the pay period. We would like to have the report show all 14 days regardless of whether there was time reported for the day or not. The current report only shows columns (Day of the month) that contain data. I located a sample report that looks like what I am looking for but it appears to be a later version than what I have to work with. The Edit Group window has radio buttons for dynamic and static, but the Edit Group window in my report doesn't have the radio buttons. How can I force the 'blank' colunms to print using Actuate 10 SP1?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi jasheets,
Select the crosstab and go to "Empty Rows/Columns" Category in the property editor, here you can check the box to show empty columns.
Ashwini
UtahJerry
That let's me determine the value to show for blank cells, but still only shows columns that contain data. The user inputs a start date and I use a filter to select 14 days of timesheet data starting with the parameter date. This works for the rows, but not for the columns. My columns are date segments year, month, and day of the month. I have tried it using each of the date segments and get the same results with each.
averma
Hi jasheets:
This issue has been resolved in the latest release of BIRT 2.5. One way to accomplish with an older release of BIRT would be to use a scripted data source to add the days that do not have data. Alternatively you could also create dummy data in db for missing days. The crosstab is only displaying the data that the database has returned.
Ashwini
jjfeigal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'averma'" data-cid="60287" data-time="1265933835" data-date="11 February 2010 - 05:17 PM"><p>
Hi jasheets:<br />
<br />
This issue has been resolved in the latest release of BIRT 2.5. One way to accomplish with an older release of BIRT would be to use a scripted data source to add the days that do not have data. Alternatively you could also create dummy data in db for missing days. The crosstab is only displaying the data that the database has returned. <br />
<br />
<br />
Ashwini<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I'm having a similar problem with BIRT 2.5.2.<br />
<br />
Rather than having columns for days, my crosstab has columns for months in a year. I have situations where my data set ( from an XML data source ) is missing data for some months in a year. In those cases I do not have a month column with values of 0 for the missing month(s).<br />
<br />
When I view the "Empty Rows/Columns" property of my crosstab, there are no column names displayed in the box next to the "Show empty columns" checkbox.<br />
<br />
My XML dataset has string values for Year, Month, Day, and a Date in the format of YYYYMMDD. In this case, I have defined a Dimension based on the Month, and a Measure (Count) based on the Month.<br />
<br />
I have also defined a computed BIRT date field in the dataset based on the string values of Year, Month, and Day. Using this BIRT date I have created a Dimension of the month of the BIRT date field value. I also created a Measure (Count) of the dataset month value. <br />
<br />
In both cases, the crosstab does not have 12 columns (one for each month in the year) when one or more of the month columns does not have any data.<br />
<br />
In BIRT 2.5.2 is there a way for me to accomplish this?