Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding datasets and tables dynamically
Monma
Using Birt 2.2.2 but I could upgrade to 2.5.
I am writing a report where I need to report on many objects. Data is collected on each object in a different table, table have similar structures except that there will more or less columns depending on the object type. There is a metadata table that defines each object type (number of columns, etc.).
The report I need to build will consists of:
1 - A summary table
2 - For each type of object: a summary section followed by a table containing the data for that object.
To be able to implement this I can only think of building data sets dynamically, building the tables dynamically and binding them to the data sets and rendering.
Can someone please help me by either showing some other way to do this or giving some directions on how to start.
Mai
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Mai,<br />
<br />
Check out this post from the devShare. It may help you out with that.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/317-birt-build-dynamic-table-deapi-/#description'>BIRT
- Build Dynamic Table (DEAPI) - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
This post may be helpful as well:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/262-birt-dynamic-adding-tables-and-columns/#description'>BIRT
: Dynamic Adding Tables and Columns - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
Monma
Thanks for the tips.
Regards,
Mai