Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Tell me in detail about Dynamic Report parameter
Iira
I know how to create dynamic report parameter...however in the preview the parameter doen't show any value. How can i fetch from dynamic parameter.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Iira,
You set up a dynamic report parameter attached to a dataSet and you are seeing no values in it when you run it in the preview? How about if you run it with the web viewer? Do you have a default value? Does that even show up? Let me know.
Iira
PFA.... I want that if user selects the value in "Owner" (IN preview), then all the items corresponding to the that owner should come. I am only getting the items corresponding to the owner which is set as default. I hope now you can understand my problem. please give ur mail id so that i can take more help... Thank you.
mwilliams
Iira,
So you're wanting to do a cascading parameter where if you select an owner, only the items having to do with that owner show up? To do this, you'll need to make a dataSet(s) that pulls in the "owner" and "item" values, just for the report parameter data. If you use a dataSet parameter in the query that you're tying to fetch your parameter values with, it will only return the default value. Then, you can create a new cascading parameter, select your dataSet that you made for the parameter values, create the first parameter in the group for the owner, then add a new parameter under that for the item.
Let me know if you have any questions or need an example.
Iira
I think some example will make it more clear...
mwilliams
Iira,
I can do that. What is your BIRT version?
Iira
Version is 2.5.1. But i can get ur reply only after 24 hrs or more than that. Is there any other means...so that i can get ur reply ASAP.