Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
list properties
mbodiford
Is there any way to programatically add a list property through the design engine? I cannot find a way to do this and I really need to be able to add one for my property bindings.
Now I'm getting: The property "queryText" in the element "report" is not defined
I do not know why for it should be apart of my dataset. I've been looking at this for over 12 hours now; surely it cannot be this difficult to add someting to a report design.
Thanks.
Magan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Magan,
Are you wanting to add a property to a list? Or add a list element to a report?
spulci
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="60282" data-time="1265921573" data-date="11 February 2010 - 01:52 PM"><p>
Hi Magan,<br />
<br />
Are you wanting to add a property to a list? Or add a list element to a report?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I use this thread to ask the same question giving some clear example. I've got this snippet in a xml rptdesign file:<br />
<br />
[xml]<list-property name="computedColumns"><br />
<structure><br />
<property name="name">FRV1/RV1</property><br />
<expression name="expression">BirtMath.safeDivide(row["SUM(COL1)"],row["SUM(COL2)"],0)</expression><br />
<property name="dataType">float</property><br />
</structure><br />
</list-property><br />
[/xml]<br />
<br />
I want to translate the XML structure using BIRT DE API. I'm starting having this:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>OdaDataSetHandle dsHandle = designFactory.newOdaDataSet( "DynaDs", "org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JdbcSelectDataSet" );
dsHandle.setDataSource( "DynamicDS" );
</pre>
<br />
While adding a single property to an handle is well documented and straightforward, creating a list property from scratch is not clear digging into the javadoc. Could someone give us a code snippet?<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot<br />
<br />
Simon