Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Filelist based reverse deployment
Tej
I was trying to reverse deploy from the reciever (another physical system) to the CMS server using filelist feature. This fails with an error "***ERROR - Receiver has rejected sender -- nack:5.6.0.0.0". I tried the normal reverse deployment, which is directory based, it works. This means there are no port issues/firewall issues.
However when I do filelist based reverse deployment, where the base server and the reciever are in the physical box, it works.
Am I missing any step or is this a limitation of OD?
Thanks in Advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
wmh
Are you building your filelist dynamically? If so I would be interested in how you are doing this on separate boxes.
Thank you,
Marty
Tej
Thanks for the query.
In runtime, I know the file to be reverse deployed. Hence I am able to buld the filelist dynamically on the CMS server.
wmh
I thought the source directory set the server location of the filelist. So on a reverse deploy the filelist needs to set on the reverse target and not the CMS, correct?
Migrateduser
What version is the Receiver? If it is 5.5.1 or 5.0.1, there's a problem doing reverse deploys initiated by a 5.6 Base Server. The problem is fixed in the upcoming OD 5.6 SP1.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Tej
We are using OD5.6 both at the base and reciever. No service packs installed. Directory based reverse deployment works without any issues.
Migrateduser
Seems to work ok for me.
You may want to open a case with Tech Support to help troubleshoot.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
Tej
I want to clarify where the filelist was created. Was it on the reverseSource or reverseTarget? In my case, the filelist can be created only at reverseTarget.
Thanks.
Migrateduser
No, the file list lives on the node where you initiate the deployment. That would be at the Base Server.
If the filelist lives on the Receiver box for some reason, you have a couple of choices:
1. Uninstall the Receiver and install a Base Server. Then initiate a forward deployment from there.
- or -
2. Reverse deploy the file list from the Receiver box. Then initiate a second Reverse deployment using that file list, which is now be on the Base Server's box.
Todd Scallan
Group Product Manager
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
email_body.jpg