Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Web Report Viewer 2.2.2 Bug? Using a form to post to the viewer
Monma
I am convinced that I have run into a bug when posting to the report viewer from a form like the one below. For the same form if I change the method to a get the viewer pulls the report fine. As soon as I use a post it hangs. The problem is that I cannot move to 2.3.2 or 2.5.1 because we use JDK 1.4.x due to large legacy software. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get around this. I also cannot use get for several reasons.
Thanks.
I have a form such as:
<form id="foo" action="/WebViewer/preview" method="post" target="_self">
<input type="hidden" name="__report" value="/myreportdir/report1.rptdesign">
<input type="hidden" name="__format" value="html">
<input type="hidden" name="pTime" value="2010-02-12">
</form>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Monma
After further investigation I am finding that the issue is due to the fact that I have a script that runs at the initialize event for the page. When I do a get this script runs fine but when I do a post the following error is generated. If anyone can suggest a way around this I would really appreciate it.
________________________________________________
<html>
<head>
<title>Error</title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
</head>
<body>
<div id="birt_errorPage" style="color:red">
<span id="error_icon" style="cursor:pointer" onclick="if (document.getElementById('error_detail').style.display == 'none') { document.getElementById('error_icon').innerHTML = '- '; document.getElementById('error_detail').style.display = 'block'; }else { document.getElementById('error_icon').innerHTML = '+ '; document.getElementById('error_detail').style.display = 'none'; }" > + </span>
There is no report design object available.
<pre id="error_detail" style="display:none;" >
org.eclipse.birt.report.exception.ViewerException: There is no report design object available.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__getContext(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doPost(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:710)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at navius.skipjack.report.Auth.doFilter(Auth.java:28)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:151)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:200)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:773)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:703)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:895)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
</pre>
</div>
</body>
</html>