Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Drill-Through Report Security
al91206
Hi,
I'm looking to make our drill-through reports executable but not visible - so users will not click the 'link' and try to run the report w/o going through the parent report.
I assign Executable but not Visible - but still they can see it.
Is there a way to hide the report but still allow it to be executed by the users - if not - is there a better way?
Thanks,
Al
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rmurphy
Hi Al,
You should just be able to grant execute priveledge only on the report and then the user won't be able to see it, but be able to execute it. Keep in mind if you have changed the security settings on the report that the browser could be displaying a cached version of the page.
I recomend adding your drill through reports to a directory underneath where the parent report lives or elsewhere in the iServer. Set the user to have no priveledges on the folder (or just execute) and ensure the user has at least execute priveledge on the drill down report.
Rob
al91206
When I just grant execute priv - but NOT read permissions the user get's "you do not have permission to perform this operation" Apparently a user also needs 'Read' in order to view the report.
I'm guessing it it's not possible to have a hidden drill-through.
The problem is that Read / Secure Read also gives visibility - but that should not be the case - in my opinion.
From the help file -
Read or visible
A user can see a folder. <-- then what point is having visibility as an option?
al91206
I reread your post and 'got it'.
1. Created a folder which I only gave execute permissions.
2. On drill through report within folder I granted execute / read permissions
Now the user can not see the folder / report BUT can run and view the drill-through report.
Thanks!!
Alfred