Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Error : There is no report design object available
nerack
I have just created new reports based off sample reports that were provided as part of IBM Rational RequisitePro version 7.1.1 - the reports work correctly when launched under the designer preview window.
I have created a new folder in the reqpro report manager, added the new reports and uploaded the rptdesign file - there doesn't appear to be anything else I need to configure
All reports show up under the new folder but when I launch I get the message +There is no report design object available.
From IE its just the message, on Mozilla its a whole slew of text with the message in there
What did I do wrong .. how can I fix this ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cirovladim
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="nerack"><p>.. how can I fix this ?</p></blockquote>
<br />
Check this <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v10r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.taddm.doc_7.1.2/TSGuide/r_cmdb_birtreporting.html'>link</a><br
/>
<br />
I had the same problem. Probably it's a version issue. I had the WebViewerExample 2.5.1 running my reports designed with Eclipse BIRT 2.5.1, then I upgraded Eclipse BIRT to 2.5.2 but didn't update the WebViewer and my new reports(designed with 2.5.2) were failing to run.<br />
There was a line in the Log which said "SEVERE: invalid design file file", at first i thought the file was corrupt but after checking that, I thought it could be the version of the file, and indeed it was.