Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sort order in Charts
abhipro
Hi all,
I am working on charts within BIRT and facing some issues with the sort order.
The query I am using returns the result set in Descending order and I verified this within BIRT's data set preview.
But when I use this data set on the bar graph, it displays the entire result in ascending order. I tried to change the order manually through the "Format Chart" tab but the Category(X) Series is missing.
I have the 'name' on Category(X) Series and the corresponding 'values' on Value(Y) Series.
Also, the book I am referring for BIRT states that the category data appears in the order in which the query returns it.. but it is getting reversed in my case..
Is there any way I get re-order the display again to Descending? Or is there something wrong the way I am using the values...
Many Thanks,
Abhi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Monma
What version of BIRT are you using?
If the Y values are sorted, then they will be displayed that way in your bar graph unless you have added a sort order in the 'select data' tab of the Edit Chart window.
Can you upload a picture of the chart and a picture of the Select Data tab. My guess is that you are causing to sort using the X-axis.