Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
unexpected internal exception occured
JRS
Hi,
in the last two days I got really annoying errors in BIRT. Ich have some Reports ported from BIRT 2.1.1 and everything worked till now. I didn't create the reports but I want to use them.
But beside this reports the Error even occurs if I create a totally new report.
I have an Oracle database with oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver (v10.2) and everything works fine. In the last days in more and more DataSets there is an error. If I open or create the Data Set everything is fine. (See Att. 1) Then I change just a litte thing within the query. (see Att. 2) Even a simple grouping or deleting an empty line is enough.
After that I can watch the Preview and everything is fina. But if I press ok and want to edit the DataSet again there is the following error (see Att. 3).
When this error appears I have no chance to see the query or the parameters for this Dataset again, so I can not change them. Working with the data itself is no problem. But it is stupif if you can't change the query anymore.
Unfortunately I didn't find the log file.
Hopefully anybody can help me. Is there an error with the Oracle Driver?
I have Windows XP Pro
tried BIRT 2.3.1, 2.3.2.2, 2.5.1 the error occured in every version.
Thanks and regards,
JRS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Monma
It is hard to figure out what is happening on your system like this. Can you check the properties of the modified dataset, go to advanced and scroll down to designer values and see if there is xml. If so remove the xml and try again. If not then go to eclipse > window > Show View > Other > PDE Runtime, in the more recent version look under window > Show View > Other > General there you should find an Error Log.
Go through the errors and see what kind of information you get.
Good luck.
JRS
Hey,
thanks to Monma I found the error log. The error is caused by org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException. So I think it is an error with the OracleDriver. I can post the error log.
eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
java.version=1.6.0_17
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.reporting.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.reporting.product
Error
An unexpected internal exception occurred. Please see log for detail.
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.runtime.GUIException: Caused by org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.runtime.GUIException.createGUIException(GUIException.java:78)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java:169)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java:89)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetEditor.addCustomPageODAV3(DataSetEditor.java:220)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetEditor.<init>(DataSetEditor.java:177)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.providers.EditableDataSetNodeProvider.performEdit(EditableDataSetNodeProvider.java:94)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.DefaultNodeProvider.performRequest(DefaultNodeProvider.java:426)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.EditAction.doAction(EditAction.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.actions.AbstractElementAction.run(AbstractElementAction.java:70)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.views.RenameListener.doubleClick(RenameListener.java:214)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$1.run(StructuredViewer.java:821)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:888)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:48)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireDoubleClick(StructuredViewer.java:819)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.handleDoubleSelect(AbstractTreeViewer.java:1419)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$4.widgetDefaultSelected(StructuredViewer.java:1195)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireDefaultSelectionEvent(OpenStrategy.java:238)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$0(OpenStrategy.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:296)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3880)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)
Caused by: org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Diagnosis of org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DesignSessionRequestImpl@13ba66d{#///
@request}
The required feature 'dataSetDesign' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@dd95f6{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.4/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
The required feature 'valueColumn' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@dd95f6{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.4/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
The required feature 'dataSetDesign' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@be1a11{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.5/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
The required feature 'valueColumn' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@be1a11{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.5/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.designsession.DesignSessionUtilBase.validateRequestSessionImpl(DesignSessionUtilBase.java:199)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.ui.designsession.DesignSessionUtil.validateRequestSession(DesignSessionUtil.java:476)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.ui.designsession.DataSetDesignSession.startEditDesign(DataSetDesignSession.java:94)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.data.ui.dataset.DataSetEditor.addCustomPageODAV3(DataSetEditor.java:210)
... 41 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Diagnosis of org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DesignSessionRequestImpl@13ba66d{#///
@request}
The required feature 'dataSetDesign' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@dd95f6{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.4/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
The required feature 'valueColumn' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@dd95f6{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.4/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
The required feature 'dataSetDesign' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@be1a11{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.5/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
The required feature 'valueColumn' of 'org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.impl.DynamicValuesQueryImpl@be1a11{#///
@request/
@dataAccessDesign/
@dataSetDesign/
@parameters/
@parameterDefinitions
.5/
@inputAttributes/
@elementAttributes/
@dynamicValueChoices}
' must be set
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.util.DesignUtil.validateObject(DesignUtil.java:97)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.util.DesignUtil.validateRequestSession(DesignUtil.java:309)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.design.internal.designsession.DesignSessionUtilBase.validateRequestSessionImpl(DesignSessionUtilBase.java:195)
... 44 more
Maybe now somebody can help me? Would be great. Thanks for reading this
Regards,
JRS
JRS
Think its done
Again thanks to Monma I edited the Properties and deleted the xml in the Designer Values. Now I can work with the query and the parameters again. Can anybody explain me why this happend? I am very interested in this now
Best regards,
JRS
Sujal Mandal
<p>I face this error when i try to merge two grid cells, i have the latest version of BIRT plugin in my Eclipse Luna.<br><br>
What could be the problem ?</p>
<div>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.runtime.GUIException: Index: 2, Size: 2
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.runtime.GUIException.createGUIException(GUIException.java:78)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java:169)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java:150)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.util.ExceptionHandler.handle(ExceptionHandler.java:89)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.parts.event.ModelEventManager.postModelEvent(ModelEventManager.java:147)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.parts.event.ModelEventManager.postEvent(ModelEventManager.java:116)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.parts.event.ModelEventManager.access$0(ModelEventManager.java:96)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.parts.event.ModelEventManager$1.stackChanged(ModelEventManager.java:58)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.activity.ActivityStack.sendNotifcations(ActivityStack.java:886)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.activity.ActivityStack.commit(ActivityStack.java:756)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.core.model.DesignElementHandleAdapter.transEnd(DesignElementHandleAdapter.java:183)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.TableEditPart.merge(TableEditPart.java:1014)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.command.MergeHandler.execute(MergeHandler.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.E4HandlerProxy.execute(E4HandlerProxy.java:90)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:55)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invokeUsingClass(InjectorImpl.java:247)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.invoke(InjectorImpl.java:229)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.invoke(ContextInjectionFactory.java:132)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceHandler.execute(HandlerServiceHandler.java:149)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:499)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.e4.core.commands.internal.HandlerServiceImpl.executeHandler(HandlerServiceImpl.java:210)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:343)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.LegacyHandlerService.executeCommand(LegacyHandlerService.java:330)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.command.CommandUtils.executeCommand(CommandUtils.java:120)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.actions.MergeAction.run(MergeAction.java:77)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Caused by: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 2, Size: 2
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.GridItem.getCellPositionInColumn(GridItem.java:393)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.GridItem.getColumn(GridItem.java:336)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.strategy.CellPropSearchStrategy.getPropertyFromColumn(CellPropSearchStrategy.java:179)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.strategy.CellPropSearchStrategy.getColumnProperty(CellPropSearchStrategy.java:118)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.elements.strategy.CellPropSearchStrategy.getPropertyRelatedToContainer(CellPropSearchStrategy.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.PropertySearchStrategy.getNonIntrinsicPropertyFromElement(PropertySearchStrategy.java:228)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.PropertySearchStrategy.getPropertyExceptRomDefault(PropertySearchStrategy.java:97)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignElement.getProperty(DesignElement.java:999)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.PropertyHandleImpl.getRawValue(PropertyHandleImpl.java:109)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SimpleValueHandle.getValue(SimpleValueHandle.java:91)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SimpleValueHandle.getIntValue(SimpleValueHandle.java:106)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.updateBottomBorder(ReportElementEditPart.java:948)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.updateBaseBorder(ReportElementEditPart.java:938)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.TableCellEditPart.updateBaseBorder(TableCellEditPart.java:355)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.refreshBorder(ReportElementEditPart.java:991)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.TableCellEditPart.refreshFigure(TableCellEditPart.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.refreshReportChildren(ReportElementEditPart.java:635)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.refreshVisuals(ReportElementEditPart.java:608)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractEditPart.refresh(AbstractEditPart.java:725)
at org.eclipse.gef.editparts.AbstractGraphicalEditPart.refresh(AbstractGraphicalEditPart.java:644)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.ReportElementEditPart.contentChange(ReportElementEditPart.java:1081)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.AbstractTableEditPart.contentChange(AbstractTableEditPart.java:174)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.TableEditPart.contentChange(TableEditPart.java:184)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.AbstractReportEditPart.contentChange(AbstractReportEditPart.java:231)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.AbstractReportEditPart$1.runModelChange(AbstractReportEditPart.java:77)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.AbstractReportEditPart$EditpartReportEventRunnable.run(AbstractReportEditPart.java:250)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.AbstractModelEventProcessor.postElementEvent(AbstractModelEventProcessor.java:114)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.schematic.editparts.GraphicsViewModelEventProcessor.postElementEvent(GraphicsViewModelEventProcessor.java:248)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.internal.ui.editors.parts.event.ModelEventManager.postModelEvent(ModelEventManager.java:142)
... 57 more</pre>
</div>