Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Table does not show any content.
JRS
Hi,
I have a new problem with another report. This report is ported from BIRT 2.2 too. The main problem with it was, that it threw a NullPointerException when the Data Set doesn't contain data instead of just showing an empty report.
I traced this error to one specific table in the report. What really bothered me, is that the error even appears if the whole table is empty without any bindings or anything else. Because I don't understand this at all I decided to build this table completely new.
I have done so and the error vanished but now the table don't show any data at all. The header and footer row are shown but no details. I have one grouping within the table.
Because I just have BIRT RCP 2.3.1 in my company I don't find the error logs. Maybe I will try it with BIRT 2.5.
I know it is hard to figure out the problem if you know so less about it but maybe you know this error and can help me.
If not please respose, so I maybe post the report itself.
Thanks,
best regards,
JRS
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
JRS,
I have not seen this problem before. Could you attach the design that's having the issue? I won't be able to run it, but I can look it over and see if I notice anything out of the ordinary. I'm guessing there's probably no way you can recreate the issue with the sample database.
JRS
Hi mwilliams,
thanks for the reply! I attached the design and deleted the datasource. Maybe you can unse another datasource or something like this. If the problem doesn't appear, I could maybe send you the original file. I will try to recreate it with the sample database but am not sure if it works.
The table-id 2449 trows a NullPointerException if the parameters do result no data. In BIRT 2.2 the report was just empty.
So I created table-id 4490 and this one does never show any content. I really don't know any reason for it.
Maybe you see something what goes wrong.
Thank you in advance,
best regards,
JRS
mwilliams
JRS,
What table is it in your report design that you're having troubles with? Any luck on recreating the issue?
JRS
Hey,
thank you for helping out. I found the problem. In the Parameter Bindings the report deleted all parameters, so they were not longer linked to the input parameters.
But in general I have a problem with imported reports from BIRT 2.2
I used the Total. function class and grouped them. Now some tables throw NullPointerExceptions if there is no Data in the Data Set for the given parameters. If there is data everything works fine.
But what really bothered me was that even when I deleted every content and every binding of the table the NullPointerException appears.
Do you know this problem and an easy to do solution so I don't have to recreate every table again.
Best regards,
JRS
mwilliams
JRS,
If you remove the total function and return it so that there is no data, do you still get the same error?
JRS
Hey,
thanks for your reply. As I said the error is still there if I delete ALL content out of the table. I also deleted all bindings and the error didn't disappear.
If I delete all Total functions and recreate them it would be very much work to do. Isn't there any very short solution
Like a little JavaScrip or something like this.
Regards,
JRS
mwilliams
JRS,
Can you post the error stack that pops up when you get your nullPointerException? Also, you may check out the XML Source for any differences between your original table and the recreated one that has no issues.
JRS
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="mwilliams"><p>Can you post the error stack that pops up when you get your nullPointerException?</p></blockquote>
<br />
Here it is:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.hasTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:2810)
at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.exec(InterpretedFunction.java:171)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.BytecodeExpression.evaluate(BytecodeExpression.java:48)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.ExprEvaluateUtil.evaluateCompiledExpression(ExprEvaluateUtil.java:196)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.ExprEvaluateUtil.evaluateCompiledExpression(ExprEvaluateUtil.java:210)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.expression.ExprEvaluateUtil.evaluateExpression(ExprEvaluateUtil.java:67)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.BindingColumnsEvalUtil.evaluateValue(BindingColumnsEvalUtil.java:219)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.BindingColumnsEvalUtil.getColumnsValue(BindingColumnsEvalUtil.java:182)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ResultIterator.prepareCurrentRow(ResultIterator.java:655)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ResultIterator.next(ResultIterator.java:386)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ResultIterator2.next(ResultIterator2.java:66)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ResultIterator.close(ResultIterator.java:869)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.ResultIterator$1.dataEngineShutdown(ResultIterator.java:167)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.DataEngineImpl.shutdown(DataEngineImpl.java:573)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.adapter.impl.DataRequestSessionImpl.shutdown(DataRequestSessionImpl.java:375)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DataGenerationEngine.shutdown(DataGenerationEngine.java:147)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.close(ExecutionContext.java:485)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.close(EngineTask.java:1155)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.close(RunTask.java:281)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1187)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:155)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunReportActionHandler.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.runReport(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:57)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:53)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:225)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:616)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:112)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(ServletRegistration.java:90)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:111)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:59)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:269)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:428)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.dispatch(ServletHandler.java:677)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:568)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1530)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.handle(HttpContext.java:1482)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.service(HttpServer.java:909)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.service(HttpConnection.java:820)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handleNext(HttpConnection.java:986)
at org.mortbay.http.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:837)
at org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.handleConnection(SocketListener.java:245)
at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.handle(ThreadedServer.java:357)
at org.mortbay.util.ThreadPool$PoolThread.run(ThreadPool.java:534)
</pre>
<br />
Thank you very much!<br />
Best regards,<br />
<br />
JRS
mwilliams
JRS,
Is this the entire stack? Also, have you tried this in the newest release yet, 2.5.2, to see if you still get the same error? There have been many changes from 2.2 to 2.5 though, so you may encounter issues there with running old reports.