Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
missing ; before statement (<inline>#1)
Katerina
Hi,
I have a report that works just fine when connected to my program. But for some reason, I cannot open it in Preview of the BIRT designer. I keep getting the following error:
org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: missing ; before statement (<inline>#1)
at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.runtimeError(DefaultErrorReporter.java:109)
at org.mozilla.javascript.DefaultErrorReporter.error(DefaultErrorReporter.java:96)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.addError(Parser.java:146)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.reportError(Parser.java:160)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statementHelper(Parser.java:1265)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.statement(Parser.java:708)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:401)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Parser.parse(Parser.java:338)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileImpl(Context.java:2252)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileString(Context.java:1240)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.compileString(Context.java:1229)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine$3.run(JavascriptEngine.java:212)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine$3.run(JavascriptEngine.java:1)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine.compile(JavascriptEngine.java:208)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.javascript.JavascriptEngine.compile(JavascriptEngine.java:1)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.script.ScriptContext.compile(ScriptContext.java:146)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.compile(ExecutionContext.java:697)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.evaluate(ExecutionContext.java:685)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.executor.ExecutionContext.evaluate(ExecutionContext.java:664)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.evaluateDefaultValue(EngineTask.java:1137)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$2.visitScalarParameter(EngineTask.java:1385)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterVisitor.visit(EngineTask.java:1309)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask$ParameterVisitor.visit(EngineTask.java:1281)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.EngineTask.usingParameterValues(EngineTask.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.GetParameterDefinitionTask.getDefaultValue(GetParameterDefinitionTask.java:308)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.getParameterDefaultValue(BirtViewerReportService.java:1004)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.getDefaultValues(ViewerAttributeBean.java:935)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__initParameters(ViewerAttributeBean.java:284)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.__init(ViewerAttributeBean.java:239)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseAttributeBean.init(BaseAttributeBean.java:233)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.ViewerAttributeBean.<init>(ViewerAttributeBean.java:116)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.__init(BirtContext.java:44)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BaseContext.<init>(BaseContext.java:69)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.context.BirtContext.<init>(BirtContext.java:30)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtEngineServlet.__getContext(BirtEngineServlet.java:76)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.doGet(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:163)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BaseReportEngineServlet.service(BaseReportEngineServlet.java:116)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.registry.internal.ServletManager$ServletWrapper.service(ServletManager.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ServletRegistration.handleRequest(ServletRegistration.java:90)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.processAlias(ProxyServlet.java:111)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.servlet.internal.ProxyServlet.service(ProxyServlet.java:59)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.eclipse.equinox.http.jetty.internal.HttpServerManager$InternalHttpServiceServlet.service(HttpServerManager.java:318)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:380)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:535)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:865)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:540)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:213)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
I do not understand why this happens. There do not seem to be any errors in the XML Source, and as I said, the report is created correctly. Could someone take a look at the .rptdesign file and tell me why this might be happening?
By the way, I am using Birt 2.5.1 on Eclipse Galileo on Mac OS X.
Thanks,
Katerina
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Katerina,
So far, it looks like possibly a corruption in your .rptdesign file. I have rebuilt all of your dataSets and tables in a new report and have had no issues in the designer. I have not put your filters in to test them, but even when I deleted everything from your report design you attached, I couldn't run the report, which is why I think something with your design was corrupted somewhere along the line. You may try rebuilding the report too. I'm going to continue rebuilding it to make sure mine is identical. Once I feel it is, I'll attach it in here unless you beat me to it.
Katerina
This was not the first time I had this problem with a report. I had already tried to rebuild my report from scratch and that worked just fine for me too. But I had no intention of doing the same thing every time that happened. It seems that the BIRT designer "corrupts" my files.
When I create a new report parameter (just a String), if I write a simple text in the "Default value" text field, it works just fine. But if I click on the button on the right and choose "Javascript syntax", it then shows the same text in the next screen. If I click on Cancel (twice) the designer should (theoretically) do nothing! Instead, it adds the following in the automatically created source code:
<simple-property-list name="defaultValue">
<value type="javascript">My string value here</value>
</simple-property-list>
And that causes the "missing ;" error. And for some reason, if you try to "Undo" the last changes, the source code never goes back to the way it was originally:
<simple-property-list name="defaultValue">
<value type="constant">My string value here</value>
</simple-property-list>
In the end, I just had to change that myself.
I spent one whole day looking for this and it was driving me crazy
I hope that this gets fixed in the designer soon, although, at least now I know how to fix it manually.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my report!
Regards,
Katerina
mwilliams
Katerina,<br />
<br />
No problem.<br />
<br />
Please log a bug for this to make sure they know it's happening at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Report
Bugs - BIRT Exchange</a>. If you could post any bug info in here for future reference, that'd be awesome. Thanks.
Katerina
Well, I just upgraded to BIRT 2.5.2 and I can no longer reproduce the error. I guess they fixed it after all
Therefore, I will not log a bug for this.
Katerina
mwilliams
Katerina,
Perfect. Thanks for the update!
Jacky88
Good One.....
Jacky88
ohhhh....
mwilliams
Jacky88,
Do you have a question?
Pirad13
Hi Birt Guru,
I have the same error message (missing ; before statement (<inline>#1)) when creating a new data set in my library and trying to preview the result of my data set.
Note: For some reason after creating the new data set,it overwrites the paramaters of the library, causing all data set to generate this error message while trying to preview.
Any kind of help would be appreciated.
PS: I am using BIRT Designer 2.6.2
kclark
Can you post your rptdesign please?
Pirad13
The error is in the rptlibrary file, not the rptdesign.
this is happening when I click on "Preview Results" in the "Edit Data Set - datasetname" window.