Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
render portlet problem
hho
Hi Brian
When I launch my dashboard, if it takes too long to load my porlets, new windows with those portlet are popup separately. Is it ie problem or anything else?
Please advise,
Thanks
Hoa
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
I have not seen this behavior before. Can I assume from your question this only happens inside IE?
Can I replicate the condition using the default QuickStart? If not can you share a report document to help me test?
hho
Hi Brian
Yes, We are using ie 7.0. The QuickStart is working fine. I have that problem with my own project, in which there are serveral porlets built from our own reports, not report documents. The logic of some reports is complicated. It takes time to execute then the problem happens.
Thanks for your response. I will try to figure it out.
bhanley
Can you perhaps schedule the long-running reports to be pre-built so the Mashboard does not incur the cost of waiting? Otherwise you may want to look to your browser time-out settings to see if they can be tweaked to allow the content to render. It would not be a long-term solution, but it would at least be educational as to where the problem is manifesting itself.
dianbo
I think this is the same as when you access your reports from iportal directly. All reports that need long time to run have this problem. I think it should be some options in iportal to control the timeout.