Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
white spaces in data are getting shrinked while previweing the report...
arun12345
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.2.2 due to my project requirements. I am making use of scripted data source for designing the report.
Via Scripted Data Source , My java class is reading data from text file treating each line as one column for Report.
After designing when I clicked on preview , to my surprise I found the white spaces getting shrinked in data provided in the report.
For eg.
TXT file Contents :-
Arun kumar Sahu
Sandeep kumar Prasad
Sethamsetty Ramana Gowtham
And in the preivew tab :-
Its coming as
Arun kumar Sahu
Sandeep Kumar Prasad
Sethamsetty Ramana Gowtham
I tried with all the properties of Data. But not useful.
I am not understanding why white spaces are getting shrinked in data. As the space between the words in data is already aligned as per reqirement .
Since the spaces are getting shrinked , the report is looking bad.
Can someone help me out in resolving the issue ????
This is somewhat urgent requirement!!!!!!
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Arun,
It obviously doesn't show correctly in here, but I'm guessing that it's comeing in like:
Arun__________kumar____Sahu
Sandeep_______kumar____Prasad
Sethamsetty___Ramana___Gowtham
Only with the '_' being spaces. Is this correct? What is the reason for not bringing in each as a separate column?
arun12345
Hi Michael,
Thanks for the reply.
In my project ,the requirement is to read the data from Mainframe repository which will be a text file. And display those data as such in the Report.
So, when the data in Mainframe is already aligned in such a way ,the data has to come in the same way in Report. The white spaces should not get shrinked. Neither I can manipulate the data like this.
For this reason, in my project I am reading each line as one column.
At present , Actuate is being used for the same ie...generation of Reports. Now they are migrating it to BIRT. And the application has to work the same way.
In Actuate , Application Data source is being used for this purpose. In BIRT , I am making use of Scripted Data Source.
Moreover, Is there any way to migrate Reports Template in Actuate ie..having *.jod to Report Template in BIRT having *.rptdesign ?
Could you please help me out ???
Thanks
Arun
rpolunsky
A couple of things are possible. First, make sure you have set a monospace font for your object (such as Courier New). Second, make sure your text object is not set as format = HTML because spaces in HTML are normally collapsed.
arun12345
Hi,
I tried with monospace font and its working fine for the spaces between the words. Thanks for the solution.
But still the spaces infront of words are getting shrinked ??
Any idea why this is happening ??