Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT version which doesn't requires change in class loader policy ?
arun12345
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.2.2 for the generation of Report.
When I deployed the my dynamic web project win WAS 6.0 , I got the error :-
org.mozilla.javascript.ImporterTopLevel method not found.
After going through so many threads I am able to resolve this issue by changing the class loader policy to PARENT_LAST.
Other than this option, I tried invoking class loader through java program only . But that option is not working.
Is there any version of BIRT which is compatible to JDK 1.4 and at the same time doesn't requires class loader policy to be changed ??
Does someone have any idea on this ???
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Not certain this work but does your app contain:
config.setEngineHome("");
config.getAppContext().put(EngineConstants.APPCONTEXT_CLASSLOADER_KEY, YourClass.class.getClassLoader());
Jason
arun12345
Hi Jason,
My App contains both the statements but its not working.
I am not understanding what can be the reason. Morevoer , in place of YourClass which class name should I provide ? Either the Servlet which is going to be invoked or some other class ?
I have deployed my app in WAS 6.0 and I am using BIRT 2.2.2 as it supports JDK 1.4.2 .
In my project changing the class loader policy is not being encouraged , I am not sure how I am going to resolve this issue.
One more Question : Is there any BIRT version prior to BIRT 2.2.2 for which either changing the class loader policy or adding the statements for invoking the YourClass is not required. This will help me a lot.
JasonW
I meant the name of whatever class was executing the code.
Do you have multiple versions of js.jar in your classpath?
On the additional question I am not sure.
Jason
arun12345
Hi Jason,
Yes , there are two versions of js.jar available in classpath. one in my application as part of BIRT and the other in WAS 6.0 lib folder.
Because of this , its getting failed I suspect.
Is there any lower version of BIRT which will be using the same version of Rhino's js.jar as WAS 6.0. As I checked in my project and both the options for resolving the issue are not encouraged.
Any information will be of great help ..
Thanks
Arun
JasonW
What version of rhino is in WAS 6? Also what happens if you remove js.jar from BIRT and set the parent classloader like I showed earlier in the thread.
Jason
arun12345
Hi Jason,
The Rhino's js.jar available in WAS is of lower version then available in BIRT.
Even I tried removing the js.jar from BIRT as changing the class loader policy is not recommended.
I am using WAS 6.0.
Is there any version of BIRT in which the version of Rhino's js jar is same as WAS 6.0 ??
Could you please let me know this info.
Thanks
Arun
JasonW
Do you have the version of Rhino? Please post.
Jason
arun12345
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
Sorry for late reply. But it was too difficult to find the js version bein used by WAS 6.0.<br />
<br />
On Searching in WAS for Rhino's js jar, I got the following information.<br />
<br />
#<br />
# Default JavaScript messages file.<br />
#<br />
# The contents of this file are subject to the Netscape Public<br />
# License Version 1.1 (the "License"); you may not use this file<br />
# except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of<br />
# the License at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.mozilla.org/NPL/'>Mozilla
Code Licensing</a> <br />
#<br />
# Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS<br />
# IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express oqr<br />
# implied. See the License for the specific language governing<br />
# rights and limitations under the License.<br />
#<br />
# The Original Code is Rhino code, released<br />
# May 6, 1999.<br />
#<br />
# The Initial Developer of the Original Code is Netscape<br />
# Communications Corporation. Portions created by Netscape are<br />
# Copyright (C) 1997-1999 Netscape Communications Corporation. All<br />
# Rights Reserved.<br />
<br />
<br />
Also I searched in mozilla.org site with URL: <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Rhino_downloads_archive'>https://developer.mozilla.org/en/Rhino_downloads_archive</a>
, <br />
here we have Rhino 1.4R3 (Initial public release) - Released on May 10, 1999. <br />
<br />
So, WAS 6.0 is using Rhino's 1.4R3 version of js jar.<br />
<br />
Could you please let me know whether any BIRT version uses this version of js jar . Also please let me know the links for downloading it.<br />
<br />
Thanks Arun
JasonW
Arun,
Have you tried deploying the BIRT viewer as a test?
I will check the birt versions to js.jar but that version was several years before the first version of BIRT was released.
Jason