Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to generate word report output when i submit the BIRT report from the application
ramshankar
They have used following code with in the JSP for displaying the BIRT report.
function init()
{
actuate.load("viewer");
actuate.initialize( "<%=PORT_URL%>/", null, "<%=username%>", "<%=password%>", GetParamValue );
}
}
myViewer = new actuate.Viewer( "myViewerDivContainer" );
myViewer.setWidth(1000);
myViewer.setReportName("<%=Report_Name%>" );
myViewer.setParameters(
{
"pin_Market": theStatus
}
);
myViewer.submit();
I would like to know what exactly do i need to do added to get generated in doc format instead of viewing in BIRT Viewer.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi ramshankar,<br />
You could use JSAPI call "actuate.Viewer.downloadReport" to download the report. At this time this API only supports PDF and HTML formats. Here is the link to documentation on JSAPI:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/documentation/Manuals10SP1/programming-jsapi.pdf'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/documentation/Manuals10SP1/programming-jsapi.pdf</a><br
/>
<br />
<br />
Ashwini
ramshankar
I have gone through the document and found out JS API only supports PDF and HTML formats.
I want your expert opinion on feasibility using this approach, otherwise i will end up with alot of code change in application JSP.
Waiting for your reply
averma
Hi ramshankar,
The other option would be to use actuate.Viewer.showDownloadReportDialog JSAPI call to display a export report dialog window and let the user choose Word format from the drop down.
Ashwini
ramshankar
I have some how convince my client to choose Word Format from the Drop Down Tool bar. Other wise i have to change the existing approach used to call the birt report using JS API from the application.
ramshankar
I am planning to use the below approach for generating word doc.<br />
<br />
1.<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8900/iportal/executereport.do?&volume=rsahadeva-nyd&userid=administrator&password=&__progressive=true&__saveOutput=false&__wait=wait&invokesubmit=true&__executablename=/Public/BIRT'>http://localhost:8900/iportal/executereport.do?&volume=rsahadeva-nyd&userid=administrator&password=&__progressive=true&__saveOutput=false&__wait=wait&invokesubmit=true&__executablename=/Public/BIRT</a>
; and BIRT Report Studio Examples/Sales by Customer.rptdesign&__format=doc<br />
<br />
2.<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:8900/iportal/frameset?__report=/Public/BIRT and BIRT Report Studio Examples/Sales by Customer.rptdesign&volume=rsahadeva-nyd&userid=administrator&password=&__format=doc'>http://localhost:8900/iportal/frameset?__report=/Public/BIRT and BIRT Report Studio Examples/Sales by Customer.rptdesign&volume=rsahadeva-nyd&userid=administrator&password=&__format=doc</a><br
/>
<br />
Please let me know which one is better ?
averma
Hi ramshankar,
My recommendation would be #1.
Ashwini
ramshankar
I appreciate your guidance.